Italian Serie A giant Inter Milan have expressed their interest in securing the services of Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil, but says their hopes of signing the German playmaker in January are slim.
The 28-year-old attacking midfielder is out of contract at the end of this season and will be free to negotiate transfer with foreign clubs from New year January 1, if he does not sign a new contract with the North London giant before then.
Inter Milan president Erick Thohir, who last week said making a transfer move for Germany international midfield maestro Mesut Ozil, does not think the player will leave the Emirates Stadium during the forthcoming winter transfer window and disclosed that the club’s main priority is to reinforce their defence line with a centre-half.
Thohir told Premium Sport “We [Inter Milan] are studying our team, “We [Inter Milan] have scouts [watching] everywhere and they look at all kind of player [footballer].
“I [Erick Thohir] do not think players like him [Mesut Ozil] will be leaving in January [Transfer window].
“Inter Milan manager] Luciano Spalletti knows this squad has room for improvement, that is what we [Inter Milan] are working on [doing].
When asked if it’s a new centre-back?
He said “We [Inter Milan] are looking for fresh opportunities but we [Inter Milan] have Danilo D’Ambrosio and other Primavera young team players.”